Mara Abbott takes first stage at San Dimas
Photo: courtesy Hans Meier21-03-2009 10:19:21 Team Columbia-Highroad’s Mara Abbott clocked the fastest time at the Glendora Mountain time trial at San Dimas Friday, beating the second place rider by a full 46 seconds and defending her 2008 win on the same course.
Photo: courtesy Hans Meier
The Columbia-Highroad women dominated the event with four riders finishing in the top ten. Canadian National Road Champion Alex Wrubleski finished fifth, while Ina-Yoko Teutenberg and Kim Anderson took sixth and eighth respectively.
“It feels really good to be in this position, especially since so many on our team finished in the top ten,” claimed Abbott. “It was a steady climb but never really too steep. It’s so great that the whole team did so well. That’s pretty remarkable.”
The 3.8- mile race featured a gradual climb up Glendora Mountain Road which ranks among the most popular climbs in Southern California.
The 23-year-old American improved her own 2008 time by 20 seconds. "It was a great start,” continued Abbott. “Since we placed so high, tomorrow should bring us a lot of opportunities.”
- A dream come true for Cavendish
- De norske jenters forårsprogram…..
- Stuart O`Grady stürzt bei Mailand San Remo.
- Armstrong hat nicht geglänzt
- Ich werde es erreichen!
- Armstrong: 'Het was verdorie ver'
- Boonen: 'Heb te weinig kunnen drinken'
- Cavendish wint de 100e Milaan-Sanremo
- Christophe Roodhooft betrokken in dopingzaak