Selle Italia-Ghezzi prepares flemish travel
Photo: courtesy Hans Meier03-04-2009 13:26:20 Another one great event in international calendar of Selle Italia-Ghezzi: sunday six girls will be at the start of the Tour of Flanders, second round of the World Cup. The 131.6 kilometers of the route will include long stretches similar to those of the male classic: cobblestones and ten "walls" among which the famous Grammont and Bosberg that will be decisive for the race in the final. The girls who will start from Oudenaarde will be Luperini, Bagdonaviciute, Bras, Corneo, Kozonchuk and Boyd, the latter in his debut with the jersey of the team after taking part, with the New Zealand national team, at the track World Championships in Poland.
Photo: courtesy Hans Meier
Once again Walter Ricci Petitoni explains the objectives of the team: «Our intention is always to do well and focus on big target: Martine Bras is fond of this race and Luperini's shape is improving even if this route is not well suited to its characteristics. However we have all it takes to get a good result.»
- Liquigas in Spain with Kreuziger and Nibali
- Columbia-High Road women take aim on Belgian top classic
- Hincapie and Burghardt lead Columbia-High Road charges at Flanders
- Petacchi weiter mit Spitzenleistung in Führung
- Liquigas in Spagna con Kreuziger e Nibali
- Domenica le ragazze saranno impegnate nel Giro delle Fiandre
- Bennati komt zondag aan de start Brugge
- Leukemans: 'Hoop op krampen bij Boonen'
- Il Giro: Lance Armstrong traint stiekem op de weg
- Petacchi juicht een 3e keer in Lombardije